Tuesday 2 May 2017

TUTORIAL | STRETCH YOUR STASH


Woot! I'm back to share another fun way to stretch our stash with my fellow scrappers! This is Jenn, aka jk703, sharing this fun and easy tutorial today! There are a bunch of metal and "fillable" alphabets in the Pink Reptile Designs store. Here are a few that I found when looking to see which one I wanted to work with for this tutorial.

   

I'm using Mirjam's Sketch and Wire Alpha, but this technique will work on all metal alphas or any open alphabets.


And here is the layout that I'm working on. I've use Cattitude Papers and Elements and the font is Special Elite. See the wire alpha at the bottom, I want to fill it in, and then see which pattern or paper works best to bring more attention to the title.


I have each letter on it's own layer, and then I have a blank later below all the letters. I am using the Magic Wand tool.


Here is the tricky part. You choose the first letter in the Layers Palette, and then use the magic wand in the open space of that letter on the layout. Mine is the 'S.' Once I clicked on the inside of that letter, I had marching ants on my layout. Then, leaving those marching ants alone, in the Layers Palette, I then clicked on the next letter - the 'i' layer to choose it. After choosing, I clicked on the inside of the 'i' on the layout. Then, I had marching ants on both the 'S' and the 'i' on my layout. I did this until all my letters had marching ants on my layout. All letters have marching ants, I found my blank layer under the letters, and chose that as my selection. I pressed the Control + Backspace, and those letter shapes were filled with the background color - white.


Next, I put a paper above my filled title, and clipped it! I started with the plain pink:


Then I tried the pattern pink on the top of the layout:


Finally, I tried black.


I ended up liking the one that was filled with the same pattern as above and used that one!


This can really pull a layout together, and give you different ideas how to fill up those alphabets.
I hope you learned something you might use when scrapping along!

Thanks for visiting,
Jenn | jk703

2 comments:

  1. Didn't think of doing that with alphas, great idea! Good tutorial and love the layout too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete